Insulated Air Core Ultra
Insulated Air Core Ultra
Insulated Air Core sleeping pads by Big Agnes were Full Throttle Camping's #1 selling pad for several years for a reason - they are rugged, comfortable, lightweight, small-packing and well-insulated. They feature cross-ported I-beam construction (the top and bottom decks are connected by fabric i-beams that run the length of the pad and are themselves perforated or ported), eliminating cold streaks and ensuring a stable ride. The two side chambers (outer/perimeter chambers) are a bit larger than the others, sort of like guardrails, allowing the pad to cradle you.
New high volume valve for fast/efficient and easy inflation and super-fast deflation. It features a one-way inflation valve with air pressure adjust button. Deflation has always been a pain in the ass with Big Agnes pads (their old valves sucked), but they've finally adopted flat valve technology for fast deflation.
Durable rip-stop nylon top and bottom and insulated top and bottom (no longer with only one deck insulated), and yet lighter and more packable than the original Insulated Air Core pads.
For inflation, I totally recommend a Big Agnes Pump House Ultra. Check it out under Inflation Devices
Dimensions Packed Size Weight
20"x66" 5.5" x 8.5" 21oz
20"x72" 5.5" x 9" 22oz
20"x78" 6" x 10" 24oz
25"x72" 5" x 10" 29oz
25"x78" 6" x 9.5" 31oz
Be advised that Big Agnes sleeping pads are drop-shipped by Big Agnes. Because I do not stock them myself, I am not always up-to-date on inventory levels. Big Agnes usually has plenty of all pads in stock, but in the unlikely event that they are out of the sleeping pad you order, you'll be informed within two business days.
- Light and compact three season pad, with 3.25" of comfort
- Updated with PrimaLoft™ Silver Hi-Loft synthetic insulation - durable, breathable insulation which provides warmth without bulk
- Larger outsider air chambers keep you cradled in the middle of the pad
- I-beam construction eliminates welded seams to reduce cold spots and ensures quick inflation/deflation, consistent air flow and stability
- Durable, lightweight nylon diamond rip-stop top and bottom
- Durable inflation valve
- Internal polyurethane coating
- Add a closed cell foam pad (between frozen ground and this pad) in colder temperatures for extra insulation
- Store unrolled with valve open
- Includes stuff sack and repair kit. The repair kit is in a small pocket on the inside of the stuff sack. It's sort of hidden, so look twice!
- Each pad individually inflated and tested